New Lutheran Church Comes to Wesley Chapel
Wesley Chapel is the second fastest growing city in Florida. It also happens to be one of the best Florida cities for young families (according to nerdwallet.com). This, among many other reasons, make Wesley Chapel a great place to plant a new church. So, Family of Christ Lutheran Church is starting a new campus in Wesley Chapel.
Our mission is to intentionally go into our community to connect with and love people with the Gospel that they may be transformed into fully devoted followers of Christ by the grace of God.
- Go – Fewer and fewer non-Christians will ever decide to just up and visit a church. We must go to them, meet them where they are. (See John 20:21)
- Connect – In a world that is becoming more an more isolated, we seek to connect with each other and with those outside the church in real, meaningful relationships. (see Romans 12:10)
- Love – We are called to love our neighbor as ourselves. So, we seek to serve others and show them the love of Christ with no strings attached. (see Luke 10:27)
- Share the Gospel – Life and salvation are found in Jesus Christ alone. So, we gladly share the good news of Jesus Christ with those who do not know Him. (see Romans 1:16)
- Followers of Christ – Jesus came to not only offer Himself as a sacrifice to cleanse us of our sin, but also to give us life and life abundant. So, we seek to follow Christ in all aspects of our lives and encourage each other in our life of faith. (see 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Grace – We are all sinners and all in need of the grace and forgiveness of God. Because of God’s grace for us, we can extend grace and forgiveness to others as well as remind each other of the forgiveness they have in Jesus. (see Romans 3:23-24)
Come Join In
This Saturday (June 20), from 1-3pm we’ll be at Wesley Chapel District Park at the large pavilion with ice cream and sno cones. Come on out (bring the kids!) and meet Pastor Kurt and the members of Family of Christ North and find out more about the church. If you don’t currently have a home church, I hope you will come out and find a new home with Family of Christ North.
You can find more details about the event on our Facebook event page here. Please go to the event page and click the “join” button.
We look forward to meeting you.